Is it time for the Hip Hop genre to be more inclusive to Trans and others in the TBGL community?

Is it time for the Hip Hop genre to be more inclusive to Trans and others in the TBGL community?

TransMusePlanet
Administrator
With the upcoming Trans Entertainment Hip Hop Fashion Exhibit this March, it raises the question about the lack of support of the major mainstream Hip Hop community and can it  be more inclusive to Transgender society? Within our society, we have a who's who of rap artist, dj's etc. A few  years back, Laverne Cox made headlines on the P diddy reality show, "I want to work for Diddy", but  has and can more be done for the countless artist of Hip Hop music, that just happen to be Trans?

Re: Is it time for the Hip Hop genre to be more inclusive to Trans and others in the TBGL community?

Jasmine Demure
Unfortunately artists will do what they will. No matter how much we want a group to support us we can't force them into positive action, however, if we try to it at backfire.  The best thing we can do is give them positive reasons why it would be a good idea be whatever those things might be.

I remember working on an art project in college that would have given members of the music department more visibility and yet they couldn't take the time.  It's like the old addage about horses and water.